Monday, September 12, 2011

Business Mission Statement

“Mission statements should be meaningful and specific yet motivating. They should emphasize the company’s strengths in the marketplace. Too often, mission statements are written for public relations purposes and lack specific, workable guidelines.”   Marketing: An Introduction, Chapter 2, pg. 6, Kotler.  My business mission statement is. “We make your passion for food and music your place of comfort.”  This is my “invisible hand” this is what I want to accomplish with my food truck.  For my employees to be able to live and breathe this mission statement they would have to share my love and passion for food and music, because I want my guest to have an experience like no other.  By pledging to provide a place where passion and creativity are our foundation, my guest will be able to experience not only great food and music, but a place where they can call home.  And the only way this can happen is if it starts with my employees on the front line.  “Few leaders actually get the point of forging a mission with real grit and meaning. [Mission statements] have largely devolved into fat-headed jargon. Almost no one can figure out what they mean. [So companies] sort of ignore them or gussy up a vague package deal along the lines of: “our mission is to be the best fill-in-the-blank company in our industry” Marketing: An Introduction, Chapter 2, pg. 6. Kotler.  It is those types of leaders who lose a grip on their company and who don’t produce loyal customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment