Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I believe that I am a hybrid of the Generation X and the Millennial group in today’s demographics, shaped by my values and lifestyle that I have come accustomed to. I’ve been taught that when making purchases it pays to do research on the product. The better quality the product is no matter the cost, in the long run it will pay off and definitely last longer. "They tend to research products before they consider a purchase, preferring quality over quantity, and they tend to be less receptive to overt marketing pitches." Marketing: An Introduction, Pg.15, Kotler. And what’s always on my mind is that fact that I don’t make enough in today’s economy in order for me to start a comfortable retirement nest egg. With college tuition taking up much of my tight budget there is not enough headroom for me to set aside for retirement and this truly bothers me. "Most Gen Xers are woefully behind in saving for retirement—and they worry about it. Still, nearly half of Gen Xers say they are so saddled with debt or live on such tight budgets that they can’t even think about saving." Marketing: An Introduction, Pg.16, Kotler. But as a young adult in the Millennial demographic technology has always been a part of my life. "One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology; it’s a way of life." Marketing: An Introduction, Pg.17, Kotler. And with new technologies like faster computers, iPads, etc..you need to know the basic functions in order to stay relevant. Sadly in most cases you need to have this understanding to get a job. Especially high paying ones that we all seek in order for us to be financially stable

No comments:

Post a Comment