Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


With a passion for music since an early age, my journey has led me to return to school.  To obtain the knowledge that I need in order for me to follow my dreams.  As far as I know this kind of thinking in today’s economy is surely suicidal or so I’ve thought.  I believe that in today’s society we have been brain washed into thinking that the only way to be successful was to have a steady job that could pay the bills.  For over 7 years of my life I gave myself to this way of thinking.  And within those 7 years I was able to achieve a leadership role at the reputable Ritz-Carlton.  Success! I had found that steady job in order for me to be deemed worthy of being successful.  So who in their right mind would give that up?  Me! Don’t get me wrong, the experience gained I am truly grateful for.  But I wasn’t happy.  I believed in my heart of hearts that success could only be deemed success through your own happiness.  So I have taken the leap into the unknown happy as I could ever be.  With the newly found love for audio I am on the right path.  And I hope I am an inspiration to all those out there who have had their dreams laughed at or shut down because of society’s model of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment